Friday, October 7, 2011

Vegan Update




It's been two weeks now of no meat and no dairy and I'm slowly progressing toward veganism. This week I have also eliminated eggs and begun to read ingredients (although not on everything- I'm still learning). Still unsure of where this will go. I definitely haven't lost any weight yet, but I haven't been exercising lately either.

Got my test results back from my physical in September (you remember, the one where the doctor told me to lose weight...) and apparently my glucose is too high so she said to cut back on carbs to avoid diabetes. Seriously. So my first thought was how do I not eat tons of bread and pasta while being vegan? Then I realized it probably has more to do with my cookie addiction. So I figure if I try to cut back on the sugar and veer towards whole wheat bread and pasta I should be fine. Geez. And I'm not even 30 yet.
                                     
So my first yummy vegan discovery this week is the "brown rice and lentil wrap" at Dave's Fresh Pasta. Brown rice, lentils, sprouts, avocado, carrots, spinach, tomato, and tahini. YUM. All you Somervillians should check it out. Jenny made me a delicious dinner tonight of gnocchi, spinach, mushrooms, and home-made pesto. Also yum.
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment