Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Apple Crisp: A Photo Guide

When I was a kid my favorite dessert was my mom's "apple goodie". She always made it in the fall and it was just so delicious.
This year after we went apple picking she emailed me the recipe. I'd tried making other apple crisp recipes in the past but they just weren't the same. So if you're looking to make a delicious (and not at all healthy) apple dessert this year look no further. I made it today and it came out perfect, so here are the instructions for baking that I illustrated with photos.


Here's what you'll need:
apples (I used macintosh because I just picked them)- be sure to use cooking apples
flour
oats
baking powder
sugar
cinnamon
butter or margerine

Pre-heat the oven to 350

Peel and chop 3 medium apples (you'll need 3 cups)


Grease a pan. I chose a glass pie pan but any shallow glass or ceramic pan will do.



Mix 3 cups apples, 1 cup of sugar, 1 Tbsp flour, and a dash of cinnamon. Spread in pan.


Next, mix together 3/4 cups butter, sugar, flour, oats, and 1/4 Tsp baking powder.

I actually zapped it in the microwave for 30 seconds to soften the butter then mixed it with my hands. It should be a meal-like consistency. 

Spread this mixture over the top of the apples.

Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.



YUM!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Amy for this recipe,it was delicious and I am so glad I learned something so simple and good for Thanksgiving desert:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll try this too. I have some apples on hand.

    ReplyDelete